April 18, 2011

2011 Pianist - Getting Ready for July Show

Contemplating Pianist
mixed media on canvas
 24"w x 30"h
It's the first time I've moved the keyboard to the top left of the painting. I think this gives the Pianist a bit of a story. The keyboard seems to be coming down on her in a way that makes me feel she might be hiding from something. However, her face tells me something else is happening... like she is comfortable where she is, and is contemplating her next move.

As I mentioned in the last post, I am adding a layer of goldenness to my Musician Series.
The second installment of musicians will be showing 11 new works using this new layer. ( Notation 2,  at 205 W 58th St, NYC). I am still working on them.

The piece you see here is one of the pieces I might include in the show.