April 13, 2011

The Pianists

Allegro Piano Red -  24"w x 36"h


For those of you unfamiliar with my work... I love faces! In this series sections of musical instruments accompany each single woman face. This posting has the Pianists.

Sunday Morning Pianist - 36"w x 24"h
The 5 consecutive posting show the 11 musicians that are at Allegro Pianos (205 W 58th St, NY, NY) through June 2011 (a new series of canvases, also by cici artist, will be following this show).

For this exhibition "The Musician Series - Notation 1", I created 4 pianists, 3 guitar players, 2 violinists, a viola player and a harpist.

Allegro Piano Blue - 30"w x 40"h
It is the first series where I show pieces in which I treated the canvas to texture prior to painting... so many of the pieces are in fact mixed media with acrylic on canvas. All the art works are framed.
Allegro Piano Friday Night - 60"w x 44" h